One child: $ 90
Two or More: $ 135
Return by mail to:
St. Martn de Porres atn.: Mrs. Acord
31555 Hoover Warren, MI 48093
Return by fax 586-264-4013 or by email to email@example.com
.....NO MONEY IS DUE NOW. HOWEVER, YOU MAY MAKE A FULL OR PARTIAL PAYMENT AT THIS TIME. THANK YOU!
FULL PAYMENT DUE BY OCTOBER 1, 2021.
Christian Formation News & Events
Growing Faith and Engaging Hearts
Thank you to the Confirmation Candidates and Sponsors who attended our Confirmation Retreat. We had an inspiring presenter, Mary Lee Becker, who is definitely a faith-filled Disciple of Christ. She kept everyone engaged and opened our hearts and minds to further develop our relationships with Jesus. I asked the Candidates and Sponsors for their feedback about the retreat. Their responses are below.
- The retreat helped me to get closer to God. He is always with us.
- I was touched by the stories Mary Lee Becker talked about, especially the story about the two farmers.
- I liked talking about my faith with my sponsor when answering the questions that were given to us.
- This retreat makes me want to learn more about the faith.
- This retreat really gave me a different point of view of my Confirmation.
- This retreat reminded me of what God does and why I want to be a part of the Church. It has given me faith about moving forward.
- I liked talking about how people should be treated and how things should be in the world.
- I learned that being Catholic you don’t need to be perfect.
- The retreat was very educational. We sometimes take our faith for granted, and we need to get back to the basics.
- I enjoyed revisiting conversations regarding my faith – keeping it basic and simple. I most of all enjoyed the conversations with my niece.
- The retreat gives me a reason to re-commit to my own faith and to remember to always live the Word of God. It was a wonderful reflection to share with my candidate.
- The retreat was most impactful when Mary Lee Becker spoke on her personal experience. There are never too many first-hand experiences to share. I only wish we could have done an all-day retreat.
- Today’s retreat was a good reminder of why I was asked to be a sponsor. I found Mary Lee’s stories relatable and important as I help my nephew on his journey in faith.
- I truly enjoyed spending time with my candidate at this retreat. We were able to share stories and our reasoning about our journey with God and our faith.
- I’m glad everyone got to be involved in the conversations, and it wasn’t just one person talking.
Please keep our Confirmation Candidates and their Sponsors in your prayers as they prepare for the Sacrament of Confirmation and deepen their relationship with Jesus as they work toward becoming His disciples.
Director of Christian Formation
Sacraments - Christian Faith Formation
· Reconciliation (First Confession)
· First Eucharist (First Holy Communion)
Sacramental preparation takes place at home and during regular class time. We assist parents and guardians as they exercise their role as the first and best educators of their children in faith formation and the practice of the Catholic faith.
· Are you thinking about becoming Catholic?
· Do you know someone who is?
· Do you need to complete your Sacramental preparation?
St. Martin de Porres Parish will be starting Adult formation sessions for adults who would like to discover more about the Catholic Church.
RCIA stands for Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults, the program which brings new members into the Church. The Christian Worship Office in the Department of Parish Life and Services, uses CSA funds to develop certification programs for RCIA ministers and formation for RCIA teams, as well as for RCIA consultation to parishes. Please contact the Parish Office at 586-264-7515 for more information on joining the program.
Adult Formation Programs
· Biblical Walk with Mary
· Laudato Si: Encyclical on Climate
Change and Inequality
· Unlocking the Mystery of the Bible
· Romans: The Gospel of Salvation
Other Family Activities
· Children’s Rosary
· Family Mass
· Family Fun/Movie Night
· Tree-Trimming Service
For information on Faith Formation or with
questions, please call the Formation office
Sandy Acord, DRE, Ext. 233
Mary Loria, Administrative Assistant Ext. 231
Or email us at:
Class Registration Form
Return by mail - St. Martin de Porres
attn.: Formation 31555 Hoover
Warren, MI 48093
Return by fax - 586-264-4013
Return by email - firstname.lastname@example.org
St Martin de Porres Church
31555 Hoover RD
Warren, MI 48093
Rev. Nicholas Zukowski, Pastor
Rev. Mr. Marion Jurewicz, Deacon
Tel: (586) 264-7515
Fax: (586) 264-4013
Formation: (586) 264-7970
The 2021-22 Formation class schedule:
We will be offering in person classes on Tuesday evenings only for Levels 1 through 9, beginning September 21.
The schedule is as follows:
Levels 5, 6 & 7:
4:45 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, and 8:
6:15 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Confirmation class – 7:45 – 9:00 p.m.
All classes begin on Tuesday, September 21, 2021.