St Martin de Porres Church
31555 Hoover RD
Warren, MI 48093
Rev. Nicholas Zukowski, Pastor
Rev. Mr. Marion Jurewicz, Deacon
Tel: (586) 264-7515
Fax: (586) 264-4013
From our Parish Mission Statement: How is what we are going to do help us “to strive to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ, to celebrate the mystery of God’s love in our midst, to serve one another and the wider human community and to continue the Mission of Jesus?”
Opening Prayer Experience and Attendance: The meeting began at 7:05 PM with a meditation on the upcoming Sunday Gospel for the Second Sunday of Easter: “Forgiveness of Neighbors.” Members Present: Fr. Nick Zukowski, Pastor and Finance Council; Gary McMenamin, Chair and Faith Formation/Education Commission; Jerry Cipkowski, Worship Commission; Kevin Labudde, Knights of Columbus. Members Absent/Excused: Rocky Mercier, Christian Service Commission; Chiara Regan-Moore, Youth Representative.
Ongoing Formation of the Council: Update on preparation for parish workshops on “Unleash the Gospel.” Dates moved from April to August 20th and 27th.
Review of the Minutes: Approved.
Ongoing Parish Issues
Issues for discernment/consensus (Old Business)
1. Update on parish hall atrium storage area: Waiting for the city to meet this month to approve plans. Work to begin after May 1st. Project anticipated to take four to six weeks.
2. Coordinating fund-raising events on the parish master events calendar – next meeting? Gary McMenamin will send a letter to group leaders and staff proposing a date for a meeting.
3. Proposed Archdiocesan Campaign to support Catholic Education: Pastors were interviewed for their reaction to the A O D proposed fund-raising campaign for Catholic Education. Estimated goal is $220 million.
4. Central Macomb Vicariate Pro-Active Plan and selection of new Vicar: Fr. Mike Cooney’s term ends on July 1. The two priests nominated for the position of vicar have declined. Archbishop Vigneron wants at least two nominees from each vicariate; he will select the vicars.
5. Any other Old Business? None.
B. Issues for discernment/consensus (New Business)
1. Prison Ministry: Gary McMenamin and Rocky Mercier will research this.
2. Parking lot light posts: A suggestion was made to put some sort of reflective color on the base of the parking lot light posts to make them more visible in the dark.
3. Parish Mission with Frank Runyeon: April 9, 10, 11 at 7:00 PM in church. All are welcome.
4. Any other New Business? None.
Report of the Commissions: See submitted reports.
1. Worship Commission: See report.
2. Education/Formation Commission: See report.
3. Christian Service Commission: No report submitted.
4. Evangelization Committee: See report.
5. Parish Finance Council: See report.
6. Youth Representative: No report.
7. Central Macomb Vicariate Representative: No report.
OPEN FORUM / UPCOMING EVENTS / FYI: None.
SCHEDULE NEXT MEETING: Propose Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 7 PM. EVALUATION OF THE MEETING: Educational, informational, two thumbs up!
CLOSING PRAYER: The meeting ended at 8:15 PM with the Prayer to Unleash the Gospel.
St. Martin de Porres
Parish Council Finance Members
Fr. Nick Zukowski, Pastor
Meetings are quarterly as needed on the first Tuesday of the month at 1:30 p.m.
St. Martin de Porres
Parish Pastoral Council
Fr. Nick Zukowski, Pastor
Knights of Columbus:
Meetings are held the first
Tuesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. All parishioners are welcome to attend.
St. Martin de Porres Warren, Michigan
Meeting of the Parish Pastoral Council
Parish Center Conference Room
|Parish Pastoral Council||Parish Finance Council|
The Parish Pastoral Council is the leadership body within the parish community and
Each council member serves on one of
the Commissions as a liaison with the Council. The four Commissions are: Evangelization, Worship,
Education/Christian Faith Formation,
and Christian Service. Parishioners are welcome to join any of the commissions
and then join the Parish Council.
The Parish Finance Council is a service group to the parish. It plans, recommends and, with Parish Pastoral Council approval, implements actions on parish financial support and the effective management and use of parish resources. These resources include parishioner's time, skills/talents, and monies that are raised or offered.
A subgroup of the Parish Finance Council is the Stewardship Awareness Committee. Membership is by invitation of the pastor.
The Stewardship Awareness Committee is concerned with three broad areas: Education about stewardship; fostering an "attitude of gratitude"; and promoting Sacrificial giving of personal and parish resources.
PPC meetings are held monthly on the
|The PFC meets quarterly on the second Tuesday of the month at 1:30 p.m.|