St. Martin de Porres, Warren, Michigan
Meeting of the Parish Pastoral Council
Tuesday, May 2, 2017 Parish Center Conference Room
St. Martin de Porres
Parish Pastoral Council
Chairperson: Gary McMenamin
Christian Service: Rocky Mercier
Education: Gary McMenamin
Finance: Fr. Nick Zukowski, Pastor
Worship: Jerry Cipkowski
Meetings are held the first
Tuesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. All parishioners are welcome to attend.
St. Martin de Porres
Parish Council Finance Members
Presider: Fr. Nick Zukowski, Pastor
Chairperson: Mike Garcia
Meetings are quarterly as needed on the first Tuesday of the month at 1:30 p.m.
8:30 a.m. 11:00 a.m.
Monday Tuesday Friday
Wednesday 7:45 p.m.
Saturday 3:00 p.m.
or call the Parish Office
for an appointment
Perpetual Help Prayers
Wednesday, 6:25 p.m.
Mass 7:00 p.m.
Mondays 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
St Martin de Porres Church
31555 Hoover RD
Warren, MI 48093
Rev. Nicholas Zukowski, Pastor
Rev. Mr. Marion Jurewicz, Deacon
Tel: (586) 264-7515
Fax: (586) 264-4013
From our Parish Mission Statement: How is what we are going to do help us “to strive to
proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ, to celebrate the mystery of God’s love in our midst, to
serve one another and the wider human community and to continue the Mission of Jesus?”
Opening Prayer Experience and Attendance
Ongoing Formation of the Council: From the USCCB document, “Go and Make Disciples” – Part 9. This concludes our reflection on the document.
Review of the Minutes - April Minutes
Ongoing Parish Issues
A. Issues for discernment/consensus (Old Business)
1. Next Building Committee project: Storage area on the west end of the parish center.
2. Archdiocesan Synod on the New Evangelization
3. Status on parish church sound system/hearing loops
4. Progress on AED training workshop
5. Parish directory
6. Coordinating fund-raising events on the parish master events calendar
7. Survey of interest regarding parish fund-raising and other events
8. Update on upgrade of church exterior doors and parish center middle doors
9. Storage Closet in Classroom 1.
10. Any other Old Business?
B. Issues for discernment/consensus (New Business)
1. “Called by Christ, Gifted by the Spirit” stewardship awareness from the A o D
2. Observance of our parish 55th anniversary
3. Amazing Parish follow-up
4. Vicariate Planning for the future (NOT Together in Faith, Part 3, but implementing the
Synod Pastoral Letter of Archbishop Vigneron)
5. Any other New Business?
Report of the Commissions: See submitted reports.
1. Worship Commission
2. Education/Formation Commission
3. Christian Service Commission:
4. Evangelization Committee
5. Parish Finance Council
6. Youth Representative
7. Central Macomb Vicariate Representative
OPEN FORUM / UPCOMING EVENTS / FYI
SCHEDULE NEXT MEETING: Propose June 6, 2017 at 7:00 PM
EVALUATION OF THE MEETING
CLOSING PRAYER: Stewardship Prayer